This is an introductory lesson for using certain types of computational models designed using a software called NetLogo.
In this lesson, students will learn -
- how to computationally study the spread of wildfire
- how to engage in the scientific inquiry practices of constructing knowledge in the context of an Emergent Systems Microworld (ESM)
- how to engage in computational thinking practices in the context of an ESM.
We will focus on four computational thinking practices: data practices, modeling and simulation practices, computational problem solving practices, and systems thinking practices.
Next Generation Science Standards
- Life Science
- NGSS Crosscutting Concept
- NGSS Practice
Computational Thinking in STEM
- Data Practices
- Modeling and Simulation Practices
- Computational Problem Solving Practices
- Systems Thinking Practices