Professional Development Training
From spreadsheets to high-performance simulations, computational thinking (CT) tools permeate the way that scientists, engineers, and mathematicians conduct research and make sense of the world. CT has allowed for breakthroughs in sequencing the human genome, predicting hurricane paths, modeling black holes, and optimizing food pantry routes. Support your students in acquiring these essential 21st century skills by attending Northwestern’s “Computational Thinking in STEM” summer workshop and our continuing education Saturday workshops. Fill out this form to join our mailing list and receive updates about future workshops.
- Enhance student STEM learning with existing CT tools
- Guide student analysis of computational problems with and without a computer
- Support students in developing algorithms and models to analyze real-world data and problems
- Expose their students to a broad range of CT-STEM careers & Northwestern’s CT-STEM research
- Advance their own understanding of CT in STEM